Thank you for considering ACB for a financial contribution.
As a supporter of ACB, you will help shape our vision of the future for all people who are blind: Living lives with independence and dignity.
Whether you are blind or visually impaired yourself, a relative or friend of someone who is, or a person who wants to make a difference, your support of ACB will enrich your life. Your support will help to develop a nationwide network of peer support and will help to increase public awareness of the capabilities of people who are blind and visually impaired as well as help to remove the barriers that prevent an equitable level of inclusion into our society.
Your support will help ACB…
- Maintain a toll-free National Information Hotline for ACB‘s membership and the general public to answer questions related to blindness, low vision and related services.
- Provide scholarship funds to outstanding legally blind post-secondary students who are enrolled in academic, professional or technical training programs.
- Advocate for, and foster equal access for people with blindness and visual impairment to information, services and activities provided to the general public.
- Publish “The Braille Forum” and other public information documents
- Manage and produce “ACB Radio,” a four channel internet-based radio program for news and information related to vision loss as well as programs of entertainment that are “blind friendly” (easily accessible by people who are blind).
- Offer Audio Description services to expand the use of audio description on television, in theatres and on DVDs, and to raise public awareness regarding the value of this technology.
Our goals cannot be accomplished without the support of people like you!
Thank you in advance for your support.
Please see our 2013 Conference and Convention sponsors here.